06 Apr Jacksonville Tops List of Hottest Real Estate Markets to Watch for 2017
Jacksonville, Florida was named to the list of, “10 Hottest Real Estate Markets To Watch In 2017,” by Forbes. This list was based on an article posted by Trulia, which looked at how 2017 will be after the recent Presidential election. Some of the factors considered for ranking included:
- Job Growth
- Vacancy Rates
- Searches on Trulia
- Population of Republicans
Many cities were considered, but only ten made the cut. Jacksonville, Florida was actually named to the top spot, and for good reason.
Why Jacksonville is a Market to Watch This Year
In many ways, Jacksonville can be considered a mixture of beautiful Florida beaches and the charm of southern Georgia. It’s considered as one of the top locations for real estate and a top city for job growth. An increase of new residents has contributed to a significant amount of home searches on Trulia, while a 3.8% job growth rate in 2016 has also brought more people to the city.
In addition to the job growth and new residents, only a few people are leaving Jacksonville. The city has also made a reputation for itself when it comes to great schools and long-term economic stability. Of course, the incredible weather and beaches on the ocean also help.
Jacksonville actually ranked sixth in the nation when it came to job growth and the inbound-to-outbound home search ratio. Both of these factors were huge in putting Jacksonville, Florida at the top of this list.
Other Florida Cities Making the List
Jacksonville wasn’t the only city in Florida to be named as a market to watch for 2017. In fact, the top three spots on the list were occupied by cities/areas in Florida. Other Florida cities making it onto the list included:
- Cape Coral-Fort Myers – Ranked #2 because of the weather, high job growth, and spring training baseball.
- Deltona-Dayton Beach-Ormond Beach – Ranked #3 because of the weather and strong job growth.
- Tampa-St. Petersburg – Ranked #5 because of the job growth and major developments.
- North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton – Ranked #10 because of the location, weather, great schools, small-to-medium-sized companies, and beaches.
All of these Florida cities impressed both Forbes and Trulia, but Jacksonville still came out at the top of the list.
Other Cities Across the U.S. Making the List
Of course, the list wasn’t just made up of cities found in Florida, although the state dominated the list. Many other cities made the list including:
- Grand Rapids, Michigan – Ranked #4 with high job growth.
- Colorado Spring, Colorado – Ranked #6 with a mild climate, affordable housing, and good job growth.
- Charleston, South Carolina – Ranked #7 and named as a top city to live in throughout the United States by Travel + Leisure.
- San Antonio, Texas – Ranked #8 with good home affordability and steady job opportunities.
- Phoenix, Arizona – Ranked #9 with plenty to offer including great affordability.
All of these cities were named as top real estate markets to watch for 2017 and for good reason. Jacksonville takes the honors as the top real estate market to watch in 2017 with new residents moving to the area every day and very few people leaving. If you’ve considered relocating to the Jacksonville area, now is the time.